May 2013 marked the beginning of LOK Wishing Tree Foundation’s newest partnership with The Lubeznik Center for the Arts (LCA) in Michigan City, Indiana. LCA is a dynamic, contemporary arts center whose mission is to creatively interweave art exhibitions, the performing arts, educational programming and collaborative community outreach in order to enrich the arts experience within the region.
Funding from LOK Wishing Tree Foundation will allow LCA to offer a premier youth photography class as well as continued and enhanced after-school opportunities in art, photography, music and dance programming. Photography and dance will be new curriculum offerings at Lubeznik, made possible by this partnership.
Plans are underway for a summer 2015 event: the second annual Lindsey O’Brien Kesling Wishing Tree Foundation Young Artist Expo. The expo will be held Friday, June 5, 2015 and will feature the work of gifted students from the LCA partnership program. It will be a celebration of all of LOK’s partners: The South Shore Dance Alliance will provide dance entertainment and students from the Bloomington Boys and Girls Club will submit artwork to be be featured as well.
LCA is a place for great beginnings and where learning takes on new dimensions. LCA’s approach is defined by both learning and doing, providing inspiration to those who want to create as well as inspire appreciation for the arts. LCA does this through:
- Coordination and provision of after-school arts education to encourage school children’s educational achievement; and arts programming for individuals from regional social service organizations with underserved populations who have limited resources for arts experiences;
- World-class exhibits of high quality work by international, national and regional artists;
- Exceptional performance and interpretative programs structured to encourage art appreciation;
- Hands-on arts activities engaging children and adults in expanding their own creativity;
- Leadership in promoting arts as a catalyst for Michigan City’s economic redevelopment.
Visit LCA’s website to learn more.