Part of the Lindsey O’Brien Kesling Wishing Tree Foundation’s mission is to help prevent deaths caused by carbon monoxide poisoning. Knowing the symptoms and making carbon monoxide alarms more readily available to those who may not be able to afford them are a few of the ways we are working to spread awareness.
Each fall we host several carbon monoxide awareness events and are happy to make our downloadable kit available to others who are interested in hosting their own event. Besides these online materials, we have a limited number of banners and free CO alarms we will make available to select organizations. Please register using the button below to let us know you’re interested in hosting an event and we will contact you with the new, updated kit and details when available, on or around September 1, 2016.
The online kit you’ll receive in September will contain:
- Customizable press release
- Ready-to-go social media updates suitable for Facebook, Twitter and Google+ — just copy and paste!
- Printable coloring page for younger children
- Suggestions for utilizing online petitions, urging your local legislators to pass laws about CO alarm requirements in residential homes
- Downloadable banner
- Downloadable flyer with symptoms
- Downloadable video with warning symptoms
Support for this program is made possible by a generous gift from Pete & Charlene Kesling, grandparents of Lindsey O’Brien Kesling.